New Home Design Trends
With a new year come new trends. What’s considered “in” is constantly evolving and there are always new concepts and ideas popping up. If you’d like to update your home but you’re not sure where to start, check out these 10 home design trends that will help you improve your home this year!
Top 10 Design Trends
- Two- tone cabinets. By differing the color of your upper cabinets to your lower cabinets, you will be able to incorporate two different styles into your kitchen in a unique way.
- Colored stainless steel appliances. Silver shiny stainless steel is out and colored stainless is taking its place. Consider trying a darker stainless steel like black or bronze.
- Deep kitchen drawers. Storage is always a priority during a remodel. Deep drawers make it much easier to organize big pots and pans rather than trying to shove them into the standard lower kitchen cabinets.
- Workhorse Island. These islands offer more space with additional storage, sinks, seating and more. They are becoming an essential feature in modern kitchens.
- Statement mirrors in bathrooms. Medicine cabinets are over done and worn out. Try adding a unique statement mirror to your bathroom to bring it to life.
- The outdoor fabric used indoors. As time goes on it becomes harder to differentiate between outdoor and indoor fabrics. Bringing outdoor fabrics inside makes your furniture more durable especially for the high traffic areas in your home.
- Living rooms for family time. Nowadays everyone spends so much time on their electronics. Consider dedicating your living room to an electronic- free space to spend time with your friends and family.
- Bold countertop and backsplash pairings. If you want to spice up your kitchen, try adding a new backsplash and counter combination. It’ll immediately add vibrancy to your space.
- Formal dining rooms. Every home needs a space to entertain. A formal dining room is an ideal space for an abundance of guests to dine and have a great time.
- A sunroom is the perfect place to sit back and relax. It’s a good place to read, work or chat with friends.